GIVE
Spiritual Leader / Senior Minister

Rev. Claudia René

is a gifted teacher of spiritual truth and a modern day thought leader who is passionate about the awakening of humanity to its spiritual magnificence. A contemplative mystic, her unique gift of spiritual expression combines timeless teachings and personal stories to engage and entertain her audience, inspiring individuals to realize their Divinity and to allow happy, joyful, purposeful lives to spring forth from this awareness.

Favorite Quote:

"Love allows all things, trusts all things, embraces all things and thereby transcends all things."
–The Way of Mastery

Fun Fact:

Rev. Claudia's true "sanctuary" is deep in the woods, surrounded by Mother Nature.

Spiritual Leader / Senior Minister

Rev. Claudia René

is a gifted teacher of spiritual truth and a modern day thought leader who is passionate about the awakening of humanity to its spiritual magnificence. A contemplative mystic, her unique gift of spiritual expression combines timeless teachings and personal stories to engage and entertain her audience, inspiring individuals to realize their Divinity and to allow happy, joyful, purposeful lives to spring forth from this awareness.

Favorite Quote:

"Love allows all things, trusts all things, embraces all things and thereby transcends all things."
–The Way of Mastery

Fun Fact:

Rev. Claudia's true "sanctuary" is deep in the woods, surrounded by Mother Nature.

Director of Operations

Tony "Brother T" Williamson

was initially focused on a career in corporate America and as a university-level adjunct instructor. However, after an unexpected introduction to spirituality in the mid 1990’s he began to experience profound shifts in consciousness and his life took on a new purpose. Today his studies are focused on expanding his understanding and grasp of what he calls “True Thought Principles” – teaching these principles is now his life’s purpose and his greatest passion.

Favorite Quote:

"What you think you are is a belief to be undone."
–A Course in Miracles

Fun Fact:

Tony is the first-born in a family of 10. He was also once a proficient aerobatic pilot, as well as a sailor on Lake Erie for over 8 years.

Music Directors

Amy & Jesse Hughes

met by Divine appointment in 2008, married in 2013 and have been inseparable since. They share a bizarre sense of humor and a passion for the connective, healing power of music. Introduced to Unity in 2018, they continue to expand through its practical teachings and principles.

Favorite Quote:

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."
–Leo Tolstoy

Fun Fact:

Amy & Jesse are live entertainers as the acoustic duo Chariot, and have appeared in numerous acting and singing roles for local community theater The Naples Players.

Head of Production & Marketing

Jesse Hughes

took on this role in 2021 as an opportunity to be closer to and more active in his spiritual home while being a stay-at-home dad with his beautiful rascal Ellie. He has grown to love the new creative avenues it has opened up for him, not to mention the spiritual and personal growth.

Favorite Quote:

"All the water in the world can't sink a ship unless it gets inside."
–Goi Nasu

Fun Fact:

Jesse was previously a supervisor for Geek Squad and finds joy in expanding his own and others' boundaries through technology.

Social Media Manager

Nicole Meekins

will never say the glass is half empty or half full. It’s 100% full since air is a gas! She loves to laugh, is a vegetarian, and a free-spirited old soul who loves raising vibrations via social media.

Favorite Quote:

"Your perception of me is a reflection of you; my reaction to you is an awareness of me."
–Bobbi Chegwyn

Fun Fact:

Nicole spent over 2 years living as an international nomad in hotels and on boats while working online as a travel blogger.

Assistant Minister

Rev. Eileen Chernow

has been a student of New Thought for thirty-five years, using Unity principles as a guide for all who seek spiritual growth. She is an ordained New Thought minister with a degree in Ministerial Counseling and Metaphysical Healing.

Favorite Quote:

"Bless the heart that never decides which is more worthy of love than the next, but instead dares to love all the same."
–Matt Kahn

Fun Fact:

Rev. Eileen used to be a speed skater!

Ministerial Assistant

Kathleen Hassan

is on a lifelong quest for meaning that has guided her along an eclectic career path. Fitness instructor, inspirational speaker, life coach, hypnotherapist, reiki master, missionary, writer, artist, and now serving in ministry at Unity – all of it called forth the Spirit of God within her. But by far, the greatest experience of her life is getting to be “Nana” to her precious granddaughters!

Favorite Quote:

"Things are neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so."
–William Shakespeare

Fun Fact:

Kathleen has swum with dolphins twice... and is still trying to find her porpoise!

Director of Operations

Tony "Brother T" Williamson

was initially focused on a career in corporate America and as a university-level adjunct instructor. However, after an unexpected introduction to spirituality in the mid 1990’s he began to experience profound shifts in consciousness and his life took on a new purpose. Today his studies are focused on expanding his understanding and grasp of what he calls “True Thought Principles” – teaching these principles is now his life’s purpose and his greatest passion.

Favorite Quote:

"What you think you are is a belief to be undone."
–A Course in Miracles

Fun Fact:

Tony is the first-born in a family of 10. He was also once a proficient aerobatic pilot, as well as a sailor on Lake Erie for over 8 years.

Music Directors

Amy & Jesse Hughes

met by Divine appointment in 2008, married in 2013 and have been inseparable since. They share a bizarre sense of humor and a passion for the connective, healing power of music. Introduced to Unity in 2018, they continue to expand through its practical teachings and principles.

Favorite Quote:

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."
–Leo Tolstoy

Fun Fact:

Amy & Jesse are live entertainers as the acoustic duo Chariot, and have appeared in numerous acting and singing roles for local community theater The Naples Players.

Head of Production & Marketing

Jesse Hughes

took on this role in 2021 as an opportunity to be closer to and more active in his spiritual home while being a stay-at-home dad with his beautiful rascal Ellie. He has grown to love the new creative avenues it has opened up for him, not to mention the spiritual and personal growth.

Favorite Quote:

"All the water in the world can't sink a ship unless it gets inside."
–Goi Nasu

Fun Fact:

Jesse was previously a supervisor for Geek Squad and finds joy in expanding his own and others' boundaries through technology.

Social Media Manager

Nicole Meekins

will never say the glass is half empty or half full. It’s 100% full since air is a gas! She loves to laugh, is a vegetarian, and a free-spirited old soul who loves raising vibrations via social media.

Favorite Quote:

"Your perception of me is a reflection of you; my reaction to you is an awareness of me."
–Bobbi Chegwyn

Fun Fact:

Nicole spent over 2 years living as an international nomad in hotels and on boats while working online as a travel blogger.

Assistant Minister

Rev. Eileen Chernow

has been a student of New Thought for thirty-five years, using Unity principles as a guide for all who seek spiritual growth. She is an ordained New Thought minister with a degree in Ministerial Counseling and Metaphysical Healing.

Favorite Quote:

"Bless the heart that never decides which is more worthy of love than the next, but instead dares to love all the same."
–Matt Kahn

Fun Fact:

Rev. Eileen used to be a speed skater!

Ministerial Assistant

Kathleen Hassan

is on a lifelong quest for meaning that has guided her along an eclectic career path. Fitness instructor, inspirational speaker, life coach, hypnotherapist, reiki master, missionary, writer, artist, and now serving in ministry at Unity – all of it called forth the Spirit of God within her. But by far, the greatest experience of her life is getting to be “Nana” to her precious granddaughters!

Favorite Quote:

"Things are neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so."
–William Shakespeare

Fun Fact:

Kathleen has swum with dolphins twice... and is still trying to find her porpoise!

President

Mark Russell

sees himself as a child of the world, striving to live his life from a place of love. He is humbled to be in service to his Unity community. He and his amazing wife, Jan, have both found their spiritual home at Unity of Naples.

Favorite Quote:

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples."
–Mother Teresa

Fun Fact:

It's probably not a surprise that Mark has been accused of being a child at heart.

Vice President

Pat Igoe

is a true Buckeye, born in Ohio where she went to school and raised her family. She's a mom to three wonderful sons and three beautiful daughters-in-law, and a MeMe to nine perfect grandchildren. She joined Unity of Naples in search of Love and Spiritual Growth – and found both!

Favorite Quote:

"Never discount the wonder of tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak."
–William Paul Young

Fun Fact:

One of Pat's greatest joys is having her young adult grandchildren visit her here in Naples. Oh, and she also loves happy hours with friends!

Treasurer

Ciro Amato

is a local business owner for over 30 years. He's been a member of Unity of Naples for 11 years and his life continues to grow. He absolutely loves serving – not only his business community, but his spiritual one as well.

Favorite Quote:

"All that we see is but a Dream within a Dream."
–Edgar Allan Poe

Fun Fact:

Ciro wakes up every day with a smile on his face. :)

Secretary

Ashley Pennebaker

is a father of three, grandfather of eight, and a great grandfather of one. He built a $40 million dollar company with big-box customers, including Lowes’s, Home Depot, and Costco. He also set up a woodworking studio for former president Jimmy Carter, taught him how to use the tools, and had the privilege of deep one on one conversations with him.

Favorite Quote:

"Love in a way that allows the person you love to feel free."
–Thich Nhat Hanh

Fun Fact:

Ashley has been a pilot, Formula 2000 race car team owner and driver, bicycled the 442-mile Natchez Trace, and has ridden a Harley up and down the Pacific Coast Highway.

Board Member

Linda Collins

is a deeply spiritual person who is kind, creative, loving and generous – someone who is always willing to go the extra mile for someone or something she is passionate about. She believes in living Unity principles and being an example of Christ consciousness through prayer, thoughts and actions.

Favorite Quote:

"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God."
–A Course in Miracles

Fun Fact:

Linda loves to DANCE!

Board Member

Ateeka Contee

is a couples relationship therapist and yoga teacher. She was born and raised in India, where she developed her passion for yoga/Ayurveda. She's also a featured writer for Counseling Today magazine, where she speaks about the absence of cultural competencies in the mental health industry.

Favorite Quote:

"Be the change you want to see in others."
–Mahatma Gandhi

Fun Fact:

Ateeka is deathly afraid of small lizards and water. She has consistently learned to lean into her fear, so she moved to Florida to have consistent exposure therapy with the lizards and is now taking swimming lessons at the local YMCA.

President

Mark Russell

sees himself as a child of the world, striving to live his life from a place of love. He is humbled to be in service to his Unity community. He and his amazing wife, Jan, have both found their spiritual home at Unity of Naples.

Favorite Quote:

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples."
–Mother Teresa

Fun Fact:

It's probably not a surprise that Mark has been accused of being a child at heart.

Vice President

Pat Igoe

is a true Buckeye, born in Ohio where she went to school and raised her family. She's a mom to three wonderful sons and three beautiful daughters-in-law, and a MeMe to nine perfect grandchildren. She joined Unity of Naples in search of Love and Spiritual Growth – and found both!

Favorite Quote:

"Never discount the wonder of tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak."
–William Paul Young

Fun Fact:

One of Pat's greatest joys is having her young adult grandchildren visit her here in Naples. Oh, and she also loves happy hours with friends!

Treasurer

Ciro Amato

is a local business owner for over 30 years. He's been a member of Unity of Naples for 11 years and his life continues to grow. He absolutely loves serving – not only his business community, but his spiritual one as well.

Favorite Quote:

"All that we see is but a Dream within a Dream."
–Edgar Allan Poe

Fun Fact:

Ciro wakes up every day with a smile on his face. :)

Secretary

Ashley Pennebaker

is a father of three, grandfather of eight, and a great grandfather of one. He built a $40 million dollar company with big-box customers, including Lowes’s, Home Depot, and Costco. He also set up a woodworking studio for former president Jimmy Carter, taught him how to use the tools, and had the privilege of deep one on one conversations with him.

Favorite Quote:

"Love in a way that allows the person you love to feel free."
–Thich Nhat Hanh

Fun Fact:

Ashley has been a pilot, Formula 2000 race car team owner and driver, bicycled the 442-mile Natchez Trace, and has ridden a Harley up and down the Pacific Coast Highway.

Board Member

Linda Collins

is a deeply spiritual person who is kind, creative, loving and generous – someone who is always willing to go the extra mile for someone or something she is passionate about. She believes in living Unity principles and being an example of Christ consciousness through prayer, thoughts and actions.

Favorite Quote:

"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God."
–A Course in Miracles

Fun Fact:

Linda loves to DANCE!

Board Member

Ateeka Contee

is a couples relationship therapist and yoga teacher. She was born and raised in India, where she developed her passion for yoga/Ayurveda. She's also a featured writer for Counseling Today magazine, where she speaks about the absence of cultural competencies in the mental health industry.

Favorite Quote:

"Be the change you want to see in others."
–Mahatma Gandhi

Fun Fact:

Ateeka is deathly afraid of small lizards and water. She has consistently learned to lean into her fear, so she moved to Florida to have consistent exposure therapy with the lizards and is now taking swimming lessons at the local YMCA.

Join our mailing list!

Sign up for weekly e-mail updates to stay in the know on what's happening around campus and online.